It is a mandatory legal requirement for building owners/occupiers, or their nominated responsible person(s), to carry out fire risk assessments throughout their premises. There is also an obligation to ensure that all life safety equipment, such as a smoke clearance or stairwell smoke ventilation system, is subject to a suitable programme of maintenance so that it will remain at all times in an efficient state, in efficient working order and in good repair, strictly in accordance with the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
British and European Standards
Brakel Airvent’s turnkey smoke control system service packages are able to offer complete peace of mind in terms of product performance, meeting the following key British Standards:
- BS 7346
- BS 5588
- BS 9999
- Approved Document B Vol.2
- Approved Document F
- BS 9991
- Building Regulations 2010
- The Fire Safety (Scotland) Regulations 2006
- Fire (Scotland) Act 2005
Health & Safety
Brakel Airvent’s turnkey service packages are able to offer complete peace of mind in terms of fire safety regulatory compliance, meeting the following key Health and Safety Standards:
- H&S 2169 Pressure Systems Regulations
- H&S Reg 6 Para 33: Mechanical Ventilation Systems
- H&S Reg 6: Maintenance and Testing
- H&S and IEE Regulations: Servicing and High Level Access works
- IRATA: Access works
Regulatory Reform Order
The Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005 dictates how buildings should be maintained with regards to fire and smoke safety. Brakel Airvent’s comprehensive maintenance packages ensure that building owners and relevant responsible people do not have to worry about facing fines or prosecution.
Additional Engineering Guidance
- SCA Guidance on smoke control systems for residential building
- SCA Guidance on smoke control systems for service yards and loading bays.
- SCA CFD Guide
- CIBSE Guide E, CIBSE guide A
- SFPE Handbook
- BRE 186, BRE 368, BRE 79204
Further detailed information is available on request.